We use cookies and third-party to provide a better online experience, including to serve targeted ads. By using our website, you accept our use of cookies and privacy agreement.  Learn more

Withdrawals, transfers and refunds

Managing your enrolment at TAFE Queensland is easy. If you need to make any changes to your enrolment — such as withdrawing from or transferring to units or courses — then simply get in touch with our customer service team. 

Withdrawals and transfers

Rules apply to withdrawal and transfer.  If you choose to withdraw after the start of study, academic or financial penalties may apply.

If you are receiving benefits it is your responsibility to inform Centrelink of any changes to your study load. Centrelink has access to student attendance records. Failure to inform Centrelink may mean you will have to repay some or all of the benefits you have received.

If you wish to withdraw from a unit or course, or make any changes to your enrolment, you must apply to withdraw via the TAFE Queensland Student Portal.



A refund of tuition fees may be provided to domestic and international students for a number of reasons.


Refund application process

To make a refund application, you need to submit a Student Refund Application (PDF, 123KB) to TAFE Queensland.

To support your application, you will also need to submit a Change of Enrolment form to TAFE Queensland to formally identify your need to change or cancel your enrolment.


For more information

Contact us if you require any additional information or assistance.