Health advice: COVID-19
Safety and wellbeing is TAFE Queensland’s top priority and we will continue to follow the advice provided by Queensland Health, who is leading the State Government’s response to COVID-19.
Last reviewed: 21 February 2023
Stay up-to-date with reliable sources, such as:
Queensland Government guidelines for a person diagnosed with COVID-19 or symptoms of an acute respiratory infection
Queensland Government novel coronavirus (COVID-19)
Queensland Health’s Health Alerts Page
Australian Government Department of Health
Requirements for confirmed cases and close contacts
From 14 October 2022, it is no longer mandatory to self-isolate at home if you test positive to COVID-19. If you have symptoms or have tested positive to COVID-19, Queensland Health strongly recommends you:
- Stay home to isolate until you no longer have acute respiratory symptoms.
- Avoid entering hospitals, residential aged care facilities and disability accommodation services for at least seven days and only when you no longer have any symptoms.
- Wear a face mask in an indoor setting and if you are unable to physically distance outside for at least seven days after testing positive to COVID-19.
In line with Queensland Health advice, high-risk settings or other businesses may put in place additional requirements or conditions for staff and visitors to reduce risk of COVID-19 transmission in these settings. In Queensland, high-risk setting includes: a hospital, a residential aged care facility, or a disability accommodation service.
While TAFE Queensland is not considered a high-risk setting, there may be additional requirements for vocational placement and general business dealings in high-risk settings.
Protect yourself and others
- Get tested and stay home when sick – if unwell, even with only very mild symptoms, it’s extremely important to get tested and stay at home until you get the results.
- Keep your distance from each other.
- Practise good hand hygiene.
Keeping our campuses COVID safe
Campuses are undergoing regular deep cleans of high-touch surfaces, we’re conducting regular touch-point cleaning on flat surfaces, and we’ve provided sanitation products for students to clean equipment before and after use. So next time you see our facilities or cleaning staff, say thanks for keeping us COVID safe.
If there are changes to the way your course will be delivered, a TAFE Queensland representative will be in contact with you. Students will not be disadvantaged if you are impacted by COVID-19.
TAFE at School
If there are changes to the way your course will be delivered, your local TAFE at School Team will be in contact with you and your school. No student will be disadvanted if impacted by the pandemic.
If there are any changes to our training delivery that will impact your apprentice or trainee, a TAFE Queensland representative will be in contact with you. Conversely, please contact TAFE Queensland immediately if your apprentice or trainee is unable to attend their training as planned.
Vocational placements requiring students to be vaccinated against COVID
COVID-19 vaccination requirements across a range of high-risk settings have eased. Decisions regarding required vaccinations return to individual employers for workers in:
- Schools, early childhood education, outside school care, kindergartens, family day care
- Prisons, community corrections, work camps
- Police watch houses
- Youth detention centres
The COVID-19 vaccine mandate remains in place for workers in health care, hospitals, aged care and disability care.
- CHC30113 - Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
- CHC50113 - Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
- CHC50113 - Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care (Bridging Program for Registered Teachers)
- CHC50213 - Diploma of School Age Education and Care
- CHC30213 - Certificate III in Education Support
- CHC40213 - Certificate IV in Education Support
- CHC22015 - Certificate II in Community Services
- CHC32015 - Certificate III in Community Services
- CHC33015 - Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing, Home and Community)
- CHC33015 - Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing)
- CHC33015 - Certificate III in Individual Support (Home and Community)
- CHC33015 - Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability)
- CHC40413 - Certificate IV in Youth Work
- CHC42115 - Certificate IV in Community Development
- CHC43315 - Certificate IV in Mental Health
- CHC43515 - Certificate IV in Mental Health Peer Work
- CHC40313 - Certificate IV in Child, Youth and Family Intervention
- CHC43415 - Certificate IV in Leisure and Health
- CHC50313 - Diploma of Child, Youth and Family Intervention
- CHC50413 - Diploma of Youth Work
- CHC52015 - Diploma of Community Services
- CHC52015 - Diploma of Community Services (Case Management)
- CHC52015 - Diploma of Community Services (Social Housing)
- CHC52115 - Diploma of Community Development
- CHC53315 - Diploma of Mental Health
- CHC53215 / CHC53315 - Diploma of Alcohol and Other Drugs / Diploma of Mental Health
- CHC53415 - Diploma of Leisure and Health
- CHCSS00081 - Induction to Disability
- CHCSS00095 - Dementia Support - Service Delivery Skill Set
- CHCSS00097 - Individual Support - Ageing Skill Set
- CHCSS00098 - Individual Support - Disability Skill Set
- CHCSS00102 - Mental Health Co-existing Needs Skill Set
- CHCSS00103 - Mental Health Peer Work Skill Set
- SSCHC0003 - Introduction to Leisure and Health Skill Set
- SIT30616 - Certificate III in Hospitality (Accommodation Services (Front Office & Housekeeping))
- SIT30616 - Certificate III in Hospitality (Food and Beverage)
- SIT20316 / SIT30616 - Certificate II in Hospitality / Certificate III in Hospitality
- SIT20416 / SIT30616 - Certificate II in Kitchen Operations / Certificate III in Hospitality
- SIT40516 - Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery
- SIT40516 / SIT50416 - Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery / Diploma of Hospitality Management
- SITSS00051 - Food Safety Supervision
- SSSIT0006 - Food Service Skill Set
- HLT23215 - Certificate II in Health Support Services
- HLT33015 - Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance
- HLT33115 - Certificate III in Health Services Assistance
- HLT23215 / HLT33115 - Certificate II in Health Support Services / Certificate III in Health Services Assistance
- HLT33215 - Certificate III in Health Support Services
- HLT37315 - Certificate III in Health Administration
- HLT30113 - Certificate III in Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care
- HLT35015 - Certificate III in Dental Assisting
- HLT37015 - Certificate III in Sterilisation Services
- HLT37215 - Certificate III in Pathology Collection
- HLT37415 - Certificate III in Pathology Assistance
- HLT43015 - Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance
- HLT47315 - Certificate IV in Health Administration
- HLT40213 - Certificate IV in Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care
- HLT50113 - Diploma of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care
- HLT54115 - Diploma of Nursing
- HLT57715 - Diploma of Practice Management
- HLT57915 Diploma of Anaesthetic Technology
- HLTSS00059 Venous Blood Collection Skill Set
Keeping our campuses COVID safe
Campuses are undergoing daily deep cleans of high-touch surfaces, we’re conducting regular touch-point cleaning on flat surfaces, and we’ve provided sanitation products for students to clean equipment before and after use. So next time you see our facilities or cleaning staff, say thanks for keeping us COVID safe.