Personalise my view
Personalise my view

😊 Personalise my view

We use cookies, including those from third-party providers, to enhance your online experience and deliver personalised advertisements. By using our website, you consent to our use of cookies and our privacy policy

10 reasons to study at TAFE Queensland

Deciding what you're going to do with your life is a huge decision and ultimately, the only person qualified to make that decision is you. 

The key to a successful career is choosing not only to do something you're good at, but something you love. There's a lot of noise out there about different careers, pathways and outcomes, and making smart choices can be confusing. 

We want to help you make the right choice for you, so as you're investigating and evaluating your options for tertiary study, we've put together the top 10 reasons why you should you study at TAFE Queensland.


With more than 500 nationally-recognised qualifications to choose from at more than 50 locations across the state, and a variety of study modes available, you'll be able to study in a way that suits you.

Industry-standard facilities

At TAFE Queensland you'll study in purpose-built facilities including workshops using industry standard equipment, fully functioning health clinics and labs, digital studios, and open to the public restaurants, beauty salons, and gyms.

Our partnerships with local employers also allow you to also study in real workplaces and gain valuable work experience while you study.

Experienced teachers

Our teachers are the best at what they do. They make great happen every day and deliver educational excellence by encouraging and mentoring their students to help them succeed in their chosen industry.

Our teachers also regularly return to industry to keep their skills and knowledge up-to-date. They contribute to developing training packages in consultation with industry to ensure our courses continue to meet contemporary workforce requirements.

Support services

We understand that everyone's journey is different, and sometimes you need some extra support. Our student support services are available to all of our current students, making your learning experience just that little bit easier. Our range of services across the state include:

  • counselling
  • disability services
  • learning support (including after hours support via Studiosity)
  • library services (online and on select campuses)
  • Indigenous student support

Recognition of prior learning

Imagine if you could gain a qualification that acknowledges the experience and skills you already have so you could minimise, and in some cases eliminate, the need to do formal study.

Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is a nationally-recognised process which helps you gain credit towards a certificate or diploma based on the skills and experience you have picked up from previous study, work or industry experience (paid or unpaid), volunteering, and even partially completed study. We match your experience to current industry qualifications so you can gain credit towards a partial or even full qualification.

University pathways

When you choose to study with TAFE Queensland you gain access to multiple pathways to increase your career potential.

We have partnered with some of Australia’s most respected universities to deliver world-class degrees in a practical, job-focused training environment. Together we provide up-to-date skills employers want, along with the adaptable thinking required to succeed in any industry. We also have articulation and credit arrangements with a range of universities across Australia.

Student satisfaction

In 2020-21 TAFE Queensland had a student satisfaction rate of 89.9 per cent - and we're working very hard on the other 10.1 per cent.

Student outcomes

In 2020-21 we provided training to over 125,000 students. Approximately 84 per cent of these graduates went on to work or further study.

We're award-winning

Our staff and students are regular recipients of awards for excellence across a wide range of industries. Students and staff regularly win at regional and state levels at the Queensland Training Awards - in fact, in 2021 we were named the Large Training Provider of the Year! We've also regularly had staff and students represented as finalists and winners at the Australian Training Awards. Our students have also won regional and national WorldSkills competitions, like floristry student Isabella Matthews who took home the gold medal in the 2022 WorldSkills Australia national championship.  

We make great happen

TAFE Queensland is the largest and most experienced provider of vocational education and training in the state with a history of serving Queensland's communities for more than 140 years. Each year we enrol more than 125,000 students across a range of foundation skills and entry level qualifications through to higher education degrees.