If you're not eligible for a VET Student Loan
, you may be able to pay your course fees via a TAFE Queensland payment plan. You may also be able to access a payment plan if your course costs more than the VET Student Loan cap and you need to pay the remaining gap.
Why choose a payment plan
If you're considering investing in your education there's no doubt you have other financial commitments you need to take into account. The great thing about a TAFE Queensland payment plan is that you don't have to pay a lump sum fee when you enrol. Instead, you can gradually pay for your course fees throughout the duration of your studies.
Payment plan eligibility
To be eligible for a payment plan you must meet the following criteria:
- you are a domestic student and 18 years of age or older (or if under 18 have an appropriate guarantor who is over the age of 18)
- the tuition fees for your course are $500 or more (exceptions may apply)
- you are not eligible for VET Student Loans or FEE-HELP (or you are eligible but are applying for a payment plan to cover the gap between the loan cap and the course fees)
- you have no outstanding debt with TAFE Queensland
- you have the financial capacity to meet the payment plan instalments.
If you have difficulty meeting the payment plan instalments please call our friendly customer service staff on 1300 308 233 who can discuss other available payment options with you. For example, you may be eligible for a scholarship or other subsidies.
How to apply
To apply for a payment plan you will need to fill out a payment plan application when you enrol, and submit it prior to the start of study date for the relevant course or units.
For more information
If you need further information or help, our customer service staff can assist you. Just call 1300 308 233 or contact us today.