There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
The following selection criteria requirements apply only to Domestic students:
This external program has been designed for existing workers in the rural industry who have access to an appropriate workplace. If you are not an existing worker, please refer to our blended or face to face training options.
It is also recommended that you:
- are aged 16 years or older; and
- have successfully completed Year 10 (or equivalent) with sound literacy and numeracy skills.
The following selection criteria requirements apply only to International students:
- You must be at least 18 years of age to enter into this course;
- English Language Proficiency: Academic IELTS 5.5 (no individual band less than 5.0) or ISLPR 2+ on all skills or other - For a list of all English Language test accepted by TAFE Queensland International; and
- Academic Requirements: Completion of Year 10 (or equivalent). Non school-leavers must have relevant work experience or qualification that indicates likely success of course completion. For more information on the international education achievement levels equivalent to Year 10 and 12.
Applicants should be a minimum of 17 years of age and turning 18 during the first year of study with TAFE Queensland. International students who are under 18 years of age and are applying for a student visa are required by the Australian Government Department of Home Affairs to have adequate welfare arrangements in place.
It is recommended that you have access to a reliable internet connection to access TAFE Queensland's online learning system Connect, and a computer with up-to-date software, including Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat Reader. This equipment and software is available for use at all TAFE Queensland locations.
You will also be required to have access to and bring to class:
- a light long sleeved shirt
- protective footwear with safety toe cap and non-slip soles to AS2210
- safety glasses
- ear muffs or plugs
- a sun safe hat
- rubber dishwashing gloves
- gardening gloves
You may also be required to have access to an 8m retractable tape measure and calculator for select units.