There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
While there are no formal entry requirements for this course, TAFE Queensland highly recommends that you have previously completed the Certificate III in Conservation and Land Management or Certificate III in Horticulture, as it is highly desirable that you have underpinning knowledge and skills from that area. A skills assessment may be undertaken to ascertain the correct level of study required.
The following selection criteria requirements apply only to International students:
- You must be at least 18 years of age to enter into this course;
- English Language Proficiency: Academic IELTS 5.5 (no individual band less than 5.0) or ISLPR 2+ on all skills or other - For a list of all English Language test accepted by TAFE Queensland International; and
- Academic Requirements: Completion of Year 12 (or equivalent). Non school-leavers must have relevant work experience or qualification that indicates likely success of course completion. For more information on the international education achievement levels equivalent to Year 10 and 12.
Applicants should be a minimum of 17 years of age and turning 18 during the first year of study with TAFE Queensland. International students who are under 18 years of age and are applying for a student visa are required by the Australian Government Department of Home Affairs to have adequate welfare arrangements in place.
It is recommended that you have access to a reliable internet connection to access TAFE Queensland's online learning system Connect, and a computer with up-to-date software, including Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat Reader. This equipment and software is available for use at all TAFE Queensland locations.
You will also be required to have access to and bring to class:
- a light long sleeved shirt
- protective footwear with safety toe cap and non-slip soles to AS2210
- safety glasses
- ear muffs or plugs
- a sun safe hat
- rubber dishwashing gloves
- gardening gloves