There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
You need to meet one of the following requirements:
- Year 10 level of education or equivalent
- Mature-aged entry with work experience in a related field.
- English Language Proficiency: Academic IELTS 5.5 (no individual band less than 5.0) or ISLPR 2+ on all skills or other. For a list of all English Language tests accepted by TAFE Queensland International.
- Academic Requirements: Completion of Year 10 (or equivalent). Non school-leavers must have relevant work experience or qualification that indicates likely success of course completion. For more information on the International Education Achievement levels equivalent to Year 10 and 12.
- Applicants should be a minimum of 17 years of age and turning 18 during the first year of study with TAFE Queensland. International students who are under 18 years of age and are applying for a student visa are required by the Australian Department of Home Affairs to have adequate welfare arrangements in place. TAFE Queensland has entered an agreement with Union Institute of Language (UIL) to facilitate the provision of the welfare services (fees apply).
You will be provided with a recommended reading list and/or required textbooks. The purchase of these resources may incur additional costs, or you may be able to borrow them from the TAFE Queensland library network.
You are required to have access to (e.g. a calculator, a laptop or tablet device with Internet access and Microsoft Office of 2013 or later version, a USB, a headset including microphone).
Students will be required to work with MYOB files (provided by TAFE) for certain units. Please note that these MYOB files are only compatible with PC (not MAC).
Need to know
When studying online it is strongly recommended students follow the order of study and enrol in no more than two units per intake or the units required to complete a cluster/stage, unless otherwise advised.