There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
There are no selection criteria requirements for domestic students.
The following selection criteria requirements apply only to International students:
- English Language Proficiency: Academic IELTS 5.5 (no individual band less than 5.0) or ISLPR 2+ on all skills or other - For a list of all English Language test accepted by TAFE Queensland International.
- Academic Requirements: Completion of Year 10 (or equivalent). Non school-leavers must have relevant work experience or qualification that indicates likely success of course completion. For more information on the international education achievement levels equivalent to Year 10 and 12.
Applicants should be a minimum of 17 years of age and turning 18 during the first year of study with TAFE Queensland. International students who are under 18 years of age and are applying for a student visa are required by the Australian Department of Home Affairs to have adequate welfare arrangements in place.
You must have access to a reliable internet connection to access TAFE Queensland's online learning system Connect, and a computer with up-to-date software, including Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat Reader. This equipment and software is available for use at all TAFE Queensland locations.
You may be required to purchase uniform items, including TAFE Queensland branded items. These details, if required, will be provided after enrolment or during orientation. The purchase of these uniform items may incur additional costs up to the value of $25.00
TAFE Queensland School Based Education Support Students are advised to seek advice from Schools about their COVID-19 vaccination requirements for Vocational Placement given the below advice, effective 1am AEST 30 June 2022 & available at this link: https://www.qld.gov.au/health/conditions/health-alerts/coronavirus-covid-19.
From 1am AEST Thursday 30 June 2022, vaccinations will no longer be mandatory for the following:
Workers in high-risk settings (unless required by their employer) including: early childhood, primary and secondary education, prisons, youth detention centres, watch houses and airports.
Schools located in areas where restrictions are currently in place: read the latest news and information.
If you are not currently employed or volunteering in industry, during your course you will be required to complete vocational placement so you can start practising your new skills in a real-world environment. Your vocational placement will be conducted in line with school hours and activities and will be approximately 6 hours per day. TAFE Queensland may be able to assist in arranging suitable placements.
Completing placement is compulsory, and you will be expected to manage family and work commitments in order to complete your shifts. You are required to complete a minimum of 100 hours of placement to satisfy this component of your qualification.
Please note: under the national NDIS Worker Screening protocols, workers (including TAFE Queensland students), who support children/students with a disability should also ensure they have the following.
Prior to placement, you will need to receive and provide evidence of the following checks:
- You must complete your online NDIS Worker Screening Clearance application at this link - NDIS Worker Screening Unit (WSU), and nominate TAFE Queensland as your employer. There is no cost to students. TAFE Queensland will verify each student because TAFE Queensland students may support students with a disability on vocational placement.
- If you work with children on vocational placement, you will also need a Blue Card Working with Children Check. This is called Blue Card in Queensland or you will need the equivalent if you are completing your vocational placement outside of Queensland.
- Please note: you can apply for both the NDIS Worker Screening Clearance and Blue Card by completing a combined application via the NDIS Worker Screening portal NDIS Worker Screening Unit (WSU).
If your check identifies that you have a criminal history, you may be disqualified from being eligible to undertake placement and assessment, which would affect your course outcomes. If you think this might impact you, please speak to the relevant Vocational Placement Coordinator for further information.
Please note: TAFE Queensland wishes to warn you, as a Blue Card applicant, that it is an offence for a disqualified person to sign a Blue Card application. For further information regarding 'disqualified' persons, please contact Blue Card Services.
You will be responsible for any costs associated with meeting these placement requirements, which may include an additional cost of approximately $45 for a Criminal History Check.
Need to know
For all students who are undertaking courses that include Vocational Placements in a high risk workplace, Queensland Health has directed that students must declare your COVID-19 Vaccination status and evidence to either TAFE Queensland or the placement provider.
This may require you providing us or the placement provider information on:
- Your vaccinate status
- Last date of vaccination
- Evidence of vaccine status
This requirement is in place for all students in affected courses, including TAFE at School students.
Those students who have a medical contraindication may be unable to complete the vocational placement component of their course. This means you may not be able to meet all of the requirements of your course and may not be able to graduate or receive your qualification.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
When studying online it is strongly recommended students follow the order of study and enrol in no more than two units per intake or the units required to complete one cluster/stage, unless otherwise advised.