There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
The following selection criteria requirements apply only to domestic students:
It is recommended that you meet one of the following requirements:
- successful completion of at least Year 12, Certificate IV or equivalent;
- non school-leavers must have relevant work experience or qualification that indicates likely success of course completion.
You must also:
- have sound literacy and numeracy skills; and
- sound computer skills.
The following selection criteria requirements apply only to international students:
- English Language Proficiency: Academic IELTS 5.5 (no individual band less than 5.0) or ISLPR 2+ on all skills or other - view a list of all English Language test accepted by TAFE Queensland International.
- Academic Requirements: Completion of Year 12 (or equivalent). Non school-leavers must have relevant work experience or qualification that indicates likely success of course completion. View more information on the international education achievement levels equivalent to Year 10 and 12.
Applicants should be a minimum of 17 years of age and turning 18 during the first year of study with TAFE Queensland. International students who are under 18 years of age and are applying for a student visa are required by the Australian Department of Home Affairs to have adequate welfare arrangements in place. TAFE Queensland has entered an agreement with Union Institute of Language (UIL) to facilitate the provision of the welfare services (fees apply).
It is recommended that you have access to a reliable internet connection to access TAFE Queensland's online learning system Connect, and a computer with up-to-date software, including Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat Reader. This equipment and software is available for use at all TAFE Queensland locations.
It is also recommended that you:
- have access to a computer capable of running Adobe Creative Suite software. This software can be purchased after enrolment to access a student discount price;
- have access to a computer capable of running Substance Painter, Autodesk 3D Studio Max and Maya, and Unity. All of these pieces of software are free with a student account, after creating a free account with the software providers; and
- have a suitable portable storage device (e.g. USB Flash Drive or portable HDD/SSD), and the ability to backup to the cloud.
You will be provided with a recommended reading list and/or required textbooks during orientation or at the start of each unit. The purchase of these resources may incur additional costs, or you may be able to borrow them from the TAFE Queensland library network.