There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
The following selection criteria requirements apply only to domestic students:
- School leavers must have completed Year 12 or equivalent
- Non school-leavers are selected according to eligibility and merit, vocational experience, previous study and personal competencies.
- If you’re under 17 years of age, special enrolment conditions may apply.
The following selection criteria requirements apply only to international students:
- English Language Proficiency: Academic IELTS 5.5 (no individual band less than 5.0) or ISLPR 2+ on all skills or other - view a list of all English Language test accepted by TAFE Queensland International.
- Academic Requirements: Completion of Year 12 (or equivalent). Non school-leavers must have relevant work experience or qualification that indicates likely success of course completion. View more information on the international education achievement levels equivalent to Year 10 and 12.
Applicants should be a minimum of 17 years of age and turning 18 during the first year of study with TAFE Queensland. International students who are under 18 years of age and are applying for a student visa are required by the Australian Department of Home Affairs to have adequate welfare arrangements in place.
It is recommended that you have access to a reliable internet connection to access TAFE Queensland's online learning system Connect, and a computer with up-to-date software. This equipment and software are available for use at all TAFE Queensland locations.
You will also be required to have access to and bring to class some design resources and a portable external hard drive (500MG minimum). Details will be provided after enrolment or during orientation.
Please note: the purchase of these items may incur additional costs of approximately $300.
have access to a computer capable of running Adobe Creative Suite software. This software can be purchased after enrolment to access a student discount price.
It is also recommended that you have access to a computer capable of running:
- Substance Painter, Autodesk 3D Studio Max and Maya, and Unity (all of these pieces of software are free with a student account, after creating a free account with the software providers)
- Adobe Creative Suite software. This software can be purchased after enrolment to access a student discount price