There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
The following selection criteria requirements apply only to domestic students:
Sound Achievement in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent is recommended.
The following selection criteria requirements apply only to International students:
- English Language Proficiency: Academic IELTS 5.5 (no individual band less than 5.0) or ISLPR 2+ on all skills or other - View a list of all English Language tests accepted by TAFE Queensland International
- Academic Requirements: Completion of Year 12 (or equivalent). Non school-leavers must have relevant work experience or qualification that indicates likely success of course completion. View the international education achievement levels equivalent to Year 10 and 12.
Applicants should be a minimum of 17 years of age and turning 18 during the first year of study with TAFE Queensland. International students who are under 18 years of age and are applying for a student visa are required by the Australian Department of Home Affairs to have adequate welfare arrangements in place.
You are responsible for meeting the minimum occupational health and safety requirements in practical classes.
This includes the use of:
- safety glasses
- protective footwear with safety toe cap and non-slip soles to AS2210
- leather gloves to AS2161
- hair protection
- You should also wear 100% cotton drill industry-standard clothing.
If you fail to meet these minimum standards of dress, you will not be permitted entry into practical classes.
It is recommended that you have access to a reliable internet connection to access TAFE Queensland's online learning system Connect, and a computer with up-to-date software, including Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat Reader. This equipment and software is available for use at all TAFE Queensland locations.
Auto CAD and Inventor software - Free download option is available - http://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software/all
Need to know
When studying Online it is strongly recommended students follow the order of study and enrol into one unit at a time, unless otherwise advised.
Students who successfully complete MEM60112 Advanced Diploma of Engineering – Technical can apply to continue their studies with:
- CQ University Australia in a Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Specialisation) Dual Award or
- University of Southern Queensland in an Associate Degree of Engineering
For further information please refer to University pathways.
Students must enrol and pay before attending class.