There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
The following selection criteria requirements apply only to International students:
- You must be at least 18 years of age to enter into this course;
- English Language Proficiency: Academic IELTS 5.5 (no individual band less than 5.0) or ISLPR 2+ on all skills or other - For a list of all English Language test accepted by TAFE Queensland International; and
- Academic Requirements: Completion of Year 10 (or equivalent). Non school-leavers must have relevant work experience or qualification that indicates likely success of course completion. For more information on the international education achievement levels equivalent to Year 10 and 12.
Applicants should be a minimum of 17 years of age and turning 18 during the first year of study with TAFE Queensland. International students who are under 18 years of age and are applying for a student visa are required by the Australian Government Department of Home Affairs to have adequate welfare arrangements in place. TAFE Queensland has entered an agreement with Union Institute of Language (UIL) to facilitate the provision of the welfare services (fees apply).
If you are not currently employed in industry, during your course you will be required to complete vocational placement so you can start practising your new skills in a real-world environment. To ensure you gain a broad range of practical experience, thus further enhancing your theoretical learning at TAFE, you will be placed in a range of industry relevant settings.
TAFE Queensland will assist in arranging suitable placements. You’ll be required to work shifts determined by your placement provider, and these can include early mornings or late nights, any day of the week, including public holidays.
Completing placement is compulsory, and you will be expected to manage family and work commitments in order to complete your shifts. You are required to complete 400 hours of placement to satisfy this component of your qualification.
Need to know
AUR30616 - Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology has been replaced by AUR30620 - Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology, as of 12 November 2020. A transition period applies to enable current students to complete their study. The transition period finishes on 10 December 2022. If required, enrolments will be transitioned into the replacement qualification.
International important information
The advertised cost and duration will be broken down as per the following:
- Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology – 18 months in duration, cost - $18,600
- Certificate IV in Automotive Management – 6 months in duration, cost - $6,200
This is a two-year dual qualification. There is no exit point after Certificate III.