There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
TAFE at School students
This is an upgrade program only and is not offered as ‘Stand Alone’. Students wishing to enrol in Certificate III in Fitness (upgrade) must have previously completed Certificate II in Sport and Recreation.
The following selection criteria requirements apply only to International students:
- English Language Proficiency: Academic IELTS 5.5 (no individual band less than 5.0) or ISLPR 2+ on all skills or other - View a list of all English Language tests accepted by TAFE Queensland International
- Academic Requirements: Completion of Year 10 (or equivalent). Non school-leavers must have relevant work experience or qualification that indicates likely success of course completion. View more information on the international education achievement levels equivalent to Year 10 and 12.
Applicants should be a minimum of 17 years of age and turning 18 during the first year of study with TAFE Queensland. International students who are under 18 years of age and are applying for a student visa are required by the Australian Department of Home Affairs to have adequate welfare arrangements in place.
You are responsible for meeting the minimum standard of dress. This includes having access to and wearing appropriate general fitness attire and enclosed shoes. You may be required to purchase TAFE Queensland branded uniform items. The purchase of these uniform items may incur additional costs. More details will be provided after enrolment or during orientation.
We suggest you also bring
- sports clothing
- gym towel
- water bottle
- change of clothes
- four (4) A4 display folders
It is recommended that you have access to a reliable internet connection to access TAFE Queensland's online learning system Connect, and a computer with up-to-date software, including Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat Reader. This equipment and software is available for use at all TAFE Queensland locations.
Resources may vary depending on your study location.
The Robina campus will be a BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) campus for general learning. Students are able to access discounted pricing for device purchases via JB Hi-Fi. TAFE Queensland will have some portable devices available for short term loan and there will also be a limited number of desktop computers located on-site that students will be able to access. For all the details visit the BYOD page on our website.
Some qualifications require students to participate in vocational placement to successfully complete and achieve their TAFE Queensland award. If vocational placement is a course requirement it will be organised by your School/Faculty and you will be provided with all the information you need to prepare. Remember you are responsible for ensuring you have met all the requirements to participate in vocational placement.
During these placements, you may become familiar with information that is confidential to that workplace (for example financial or business affairs, personal affairs and family background of staff and clients, technical information, trade secrets, know-how, formulae, processes, ideas, and inventions). You must not divulge any confidential information that you become aware of during a placement. Breaches of confidentiality will be considered to be acts of behavioural misconduct and may result in disciplinary action.
Need to know
Personal Abilities and Key Activities
Important personal abilities required. The learner should:
- Be well groomed at all times
- Have time management/organisational skills
- Be physically resilient – practical nature of the course and learning experiences.
- Be sensitive to client’s personal space and requirements
- Have strong communication skills
- Participate and conduct physical activity sessions.
- Train real clients displaying the ability to give them your full attention, taking time to understand and ask questions as appropriate (active listening)
- Work to an industry standard by being exact and accurate and working within time constraints (efficiency)
- Perform mathematical functions in relation to time, distance, load and intensity.
To successfully satisfy all course requirements you will be required to apply for a Blue Card (working with children check). Learn More
Please note: TAFE Queensland wishes to warn you, as a Blue Card applicant, that it is an offence for a disqualified person to sign a Blue Card application. For further information regarding 'disqualified' persons, please contact Blue Card Services.
Please note: The program offered via Online does not deliver HLTAID011 - Provide First Aid as part of the program, however it is requirement for final issuance of the Certificate III in Fitness. You will need to complete this unit with an external provider and provide proof of completion for credit transfer. Only HLTAID011 - Provide First Aid will be accepted for this process. The completion of this unit will incur additional costs of approximately $150.00.