There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
The following Selection criteria requirements apply only to Domestic students:
- School leavers must have completed Year 12 or equivalent with a Sound Achievement in English and Mathematics; or
- Non school-leavers are selected according to eligibility and merit, vocational experience, previous study and personal competencies; and
- It is strongly recommended that you posses a sound knowledge of computing skills.
The following Selection criteria requirements apply only to International students:
- English Language Proficiency: Academic IELTS 5.5 (no individual band less than 5.0) or ISLPR 2+ on all skills or other - View a list of all English Language tests accepted by TAFE Queensland International
- Academic Requirements: Completion of Year 12 (or equivalent). Non school-leavers must have relevant work experience or qualification that indicates likely success of course completion. View more information on the international education achievement levels equivalent to Year 12.
Applicants should be a minimum of 17 years of age and turning 18 during the first year of study with TAFE Queensland. International students who are under 18 years of age and are applying for a student visa are required by the Australian Department of Home Affairs to have adequate welfare arrangements in place. TAFE Queensland has entered an agreement with Union Institute of Language (UIL) to facilitate the provision of the welfare services (fees apply).
It is recommended that you have access to a reliable internet connection to access TAFE Queensland's online learning system Connect, and a computer with up-to-date software, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Flash Player. This equipment and software is available for use at all TAFE Queensland locations.
You will be provided with a recommended reading list and/or required textbooks during orientation or at the start of each unit. The purchase of these resources may incur additional costs, or you may be able to borrow them from the TAFE Queensland library network.
You may also be required to purchase uniform items (including TAFE Queensland branded items, standard black clothing, and enclosed shoes). These details will also be provided during orientation.