There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
The following selection criteria requirements apply only to domestic students:
- School leavers must have completed Year 12 or equivalent with a Sound Achievement in English and Mathematics; or
- Non school-leavers are selected according to eligibility and merit, vocational experience, previous study and personal competencies; and
- It is also recommended that students have sound digital literacy skills due to significant computer work required in the airfares and reservations units.
The following Selection criteria requirements apply only to International students:
- English Language Proficiency: Academic IELTS 5.5 (no individual band less than 5.0) or ISLPR 2+ on all skills or other - View a list of all English Language tests accepted by TAFE Queensland International
- Academic Requirements: Completion of Year 12 (or equivalent). Non school-leavers must have relevant work experience or qualification that indicates likely success of course completion. View more information on the international education achievement levels equivalent to Year 12.
Applicants should be a minimum of 17 years of age and turning 18 during the first year of study with TAFE Queensland. International students who are under 18 years of age and are applying for a student visa are required by the Australian Department of Home Affairs to have adequate welfare arrangements in place.
It is recommended that you have access to a personal computer that has a camera and a microphone, reliable internet connection to access TAFE Queensland's online learning system Connect, up-to-date software including Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat Reader. This equipment and software is available for use at all TAFE Queensland locations.
You will be provided with a recommended reading list and/or required textbooks during orientation or at the start of each unit. The purchase of these resources may incur additional costs, or you may be able to borrow them from the TAFE Queensland library network.
You may also be required to purchase uniform items (including TAFE Queensland branded items, standard black clothing, and enclosed shoes). These details will also be provided during orientation.
Need to know
Students will study how to complete airline reservations and construct airfares using Travelports (Galileo) software. Galileo is one of 3 recognised software programs within the travel and tourism industry. Once a student is competent in one program e.g.: Galileo they can easily adjust to another e.g. Sabre or Amadeus.
On completion of the Airfares and reservations classes students will also receive their industry certificate for Galileo and CrossCheck travel.
Key student attributes
Important personal abilities required
- Be well groomed at all times
- Planning, organisation and time management skills
- Be able to relate and interact with people from different cultures and backgrounds
- High attention to detail
- Computer reservations and airfares bookings using Travelport (Galileo)
- Customer service role-plays
- Group work