SIS30315 - Certificate III in Fitness
There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
SIS40215 - Certificate IV in Fitness
You must hold a current first aid and CPR certificate and have successfully completed the following (or equivalent) units:
- SISFFIT001 - Provide health screening and fitness orientation
- SISFFIT002 - Recognise and apply exercise considerations for specific populations
- SISFFIT003 - Instruct fitness programs
- SISFFIT004 - Incorporate anatomy and physiology principles into fitness programming
- SISFFIT005 - Provide healthy eating information
- SISFFIT006 - Conduct fitness appraisals
- SISFFIT014 - Instruct exercise to older clients
- SISXCCS001 - Provide quality service
- English Language Proficiency: Academic IELTS 5.5 (no individual band less than 5.0) or ISLPR 2+ on all skills or other - View a list of all English Language tests accepted by TAFE Queensland International
- Academic Requirements: Completion of Year 10 (or equivalent). Non school-leavers must have relevant work experience or qualification that indicates likely success of course completion. For more information on the international education achievement levels equivalent to Year 10 and 12
- Students must hold a current First Aid and CPR Certificate and successfully complete 8 pre-requisite units included in the Certificate III in Fitness prior to commencing Certificate IV in Fitness
Applicants should be a minimum of 17 years of age and turning 18 during the first year of study with TAFE Queensland. International students who are under 18 years of age and are applying for a student visa are required by the Australian Department of Home Affairs to have adequate welfare arrangements in place. TAFE Queensland has entered an agreement with Union Institute of Language (UIL) to facilitate the provision of the welfare services (fees apply).
It is recommended that students have access to a reliable internet connection to access TAFE Queensland's online learning system Connect and a computer with up-to-date software, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Flash Player. This equipment and software is available for students to use at all TAFE Queensland locations.
- Personal stationery items, including four (4) A4 display folders for assessment.
Courses may require different resources, depending on your study location.
The Robina campus will be a BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) campus for general learning. Students are able to access discounted pricing for device purchases via JB Hi-Fi. TAFE Queensland will have some portable devices available for short term loan and there will also be a limited number of desktop computers located on-site that students will be able to access. For all the details visit the BYOD page on our website.
Need to know
These qualifications SIS30315 Certificate III in Fitness has been replaced by SIS30321 Certificate III in Fitness and SIS40215 Certificate IV in Fitness has been replaced by SIS40221 Certificate IV in Fitness as of 9 November 2021. A transition period applies to enable current students to complete their study. The transition period finishes on 10 May 2023.
International Important Information
The advertised course cost and duration will be broken down as per the following: