The following selection criteria requirements apply only to domestic students.
It is highly recommended that you have:
- completed Year 12 (or equivalent) or have relevant experience and/or qualifications or are of mature age;
- have sound literacy and numeracy skills (AQF Level 5 is strongly recommended); and
- sound computer skills.
The following selection criteria requirements apply only to International students:
- English Language Proficiency: Academic IELTS 5.5 (no individual band less than 5.0) or ISLPR 2+ on all skills or other - View a list of all English Language tests accepted by TAFE Queensland International
- Academic Requirements: Completion of Year 12 (or equivalent). Non school-leavers must have relevant work experience or qualification that indicates likely success of course completion. View more information on the international education achievement levels equivalent to Year 10 and 12
- Highly Recommended: Sound achievement in Year 12 Mathematics
Applicants should be a minimum of 17 years of age and turning 18 during the first year of study with TAFE Queensland. International students who are under 18 years of age and are applying for a student visa are required by the Australian Department of Home Affairs to have adequate welfare arrangements in place.
You will be provided with a recommended reading list and/or required textbooks during orientation or at the start of each unit. The purchase of these resources may incur additional costs, or you may be able to borrow them from the TAFE Queensland library network.
You will also require access to personal stationery and an external hard drive (1TB), which may incur an additional cost of approximately $200.
It is also recommended that you have access to a personal computer and/or laptop, so that you're able to continue your work outside of class.
You will be provided with a list of recommended software at the start of each unit, as some of this software can only be downloaded on a paid subscription basis.
You will require access to a computer that is capable of running ArchiCAD, InDesign and Photoshop, as well as personal stationery and an external hard drive (1TB), which may incur an additional cost.