There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
Prior Information Technology experience or technical background is required for direct entry into ICT50220 Diploma of Information Technology and will be assessed at application stage.
The following selection criteria requirements apply only to Domestic students:
- School leavers must have completed Year 12 or equivalent
- Non school-leavers are selected according to eligibility and merit, vocational experience, previous study and personal competencies.
- If you’re under 17 years of age, special enrolment conditions may apply.
The following selection criteria requirements apply only to International students:
- English Language Proficiency: Academic IELTS 5.5 (no individual band less than 5.0) or ISLPR 2+ on all skills or other - For a list of all English Language test accepted by TAFE Queensland International; and
- Academic Requirements: Completion of Year 12 (or equivalent). Non school-leavers must have relevant work experience or qualification that indicates likely success of course completion. For more information on the international education achievement levels equivalent to Year 10 and 12.
Applicants should be a minimum of 17 years of age and turning 18 during the first year of study with TAFE Queensland. International students who are under 18 years of age and are applying for a student visa are required by the Australian Government Department of Home Affairs to have adequate welfare arrangements in place. TAFE Queensland has entered an agreement with Union Institute of Language (UIL) to facilitate the provision of the welfare services (fees apply).
You will be provided with a recommended reading list and/or required textbooks during orientation or at the start of each unit. The purchase of these resources may incur additional costs, or you may be able to borrow them from the TAFE Queensland library network.
You are also required to bring to each lesson a USB or portable SSD (minimum 1TB) or your own laptop (minimum 8MB of RAM, i7 processor or equivalent, 1TB SSD), and personal stationery.
There are no formal vocational placement requirements for this qualification. However, we encourage you to consider volunteering or completing work experience to develop your practical skills, engage with the industry, and increase future employment opportunities.