There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
Domestic and International students
To successfully complete this qualification, it is highly recommended applicants for this course should evidence one of the following;
- A Certificate III level qualification from the ICT Information and Communication Technology Training Package
- Industry Certifications in the field of the Diploma you are applying for
- Prior Information Technology experience or technical background relevant to the Diploma
If you are under 17 years of age, special enrolment conditions apply.
The following selection criteria requirements apply only to International students:
- English Language Proficiency: Academic IELTS 5.5 (no individual band less than 5.0) or ISLPR 2+ on all skills or other - For a list of all English Language test accepted by TAFE Queensland International; and
- Academic Requirements: Completion of Year 12 (or equivalent). Non school-leavers must have relevant work experience or qualification that indicates likely success of course completion. For more information on the international education achievement levels equivalent to Year 10 and 12.
Applicants should be a minimum of 17 years of age and turning 18 during the first year of study with TAFE Queensland. International students who are under 18 years of age and are applying for a student visa are required by the Australian Government Department of Home Affairs to have adequate welfare arrangements in place.
It is recommended that you have access to a reliable internet connection to access TAFE Queensland's online learning system Connect, and a computer with up-to-date software, including Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat Reader. This equipment and software are both available for use at all TAFE Queensland locations.
You will also be required to have access to and bring to class:
- a 1TB SSD portable external drive
- a computer with minimum 8GB of RAM, i7 processor or equivalent, with the capability of running Virtual Machines (when working at home)
Need to know
When studying Online self-directed it is strongly recommended students follow the order of study and enrol in no more than two units per intake or the units required to complete one cluster/stage, unless otherwise advised.