There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
The following selection criteria requirements apply only to domestic students:
- School leavers must have completed Year 12 or equivalent
- Non school-leavers are selected according to eligibility and merit, vocational experience, previous study and personal competencies.
- If you’re under 17 years of age, special enrolment conditions may apply.
The following selection criteria requirements apply only to international students:
- English Language Proficiency: Academic IELTS 5.5 (no individual band less than 5.0) or ISLPR 2+ on all skills or other - view a list of all English Language test accepted by TAFE Queensland International
- Academic Requirements: Completion of Year 12 (or equivalent). Non school-leavers must have relevant work experience or qualification that indicates likely success of course completion. View more information on the international education achievement levels equivalent to Year 10 and 12.
Applicants should be a minimum of 17 years of age and turning 18 during the first year of study with TAFE Queensland. International students who are under 18 years of age and are applying for a student visa are required by the Australian Department of Home Affairs to have adequate welfare arrangements in place.
It is recommended that you have access to a reliable internet connection to access TAFE Queensland's online learning system Connect, and a computer with up-to-date software. This equipment and software are available for use at all TAFE Queensland locations.
You will also be required to have access to and bring to class some design resources and a portable external hard drive (500MG minimum). Details will be provided after enrolment or during orientation.
Please note: the purchase of these items may incur additional costs of approximately $300.
It is also recommended that you have access to a computer capable of running Adobe Creative Suite software. This software can be purchased after enrolment to access a student discount price.
You will also require access to:
- a Microsoft Windows 10 or 11 Operating System laptop or PC
- Apple Mac, iPad are not compatible for this course
- a portable Hard Drive preferably a 500 Gigabyte Solid State Drive (SSD)
- A USB only is not suitable.
- Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Audition
- Microsoft Office products: Word and PowerPoint.
- You will be provided with a free student version of Autodesk 3ds max