• Home
  • information-forinternational-studentshow-to-applyapplication-processsupporting-documents

If you're an international student applying directly to TAFE Queensland, you will need to include certified copies of:

  • your passport
  • educational certificates and academic records
  • English language test results
  • evidence of employment history (if applicable).

What is a certified copy?

A certified copy of a document is a photocopy of the original that has been certified as a true copy by an authorised person. When you provide us with a scanned copy or photocopy of a document, all pages of it must be certified. You will also need to make sure your current name is added to any documents that you supply with your former name (if applicable).

If your documents are not in English, you will also be required to supply official certified English translations. Again, all pages of translated supporting documents must be certified.

There are a number of people who can certify your supporting documents for you.

Within Australia:

  • TAFE Queensland International staff member
  • Justice of the Peace
  • Police officer
  • Commissioner of Declarations
  • Bank manager or credit union branch manager
  • Solicitor, barrister or patent attorney
  • Pharmacist
  • Registered TAFE Queensland recruitment agent.

Outside Australia:

  • The official records department of the institution that originally issued the documents
  • Notary public
  • Registered TAFE Queensland recruitment agent
  • TAFE Queensland International staff member.