If you are an international student applying directly to TAFE Queensland, you will need to include certified copies of:
- educational certificate and academic records
- English language test results
- evidence of employment history (if applicable)
What is a certified copy?
A certified copy of a document is a photocopy of the original that has been certified as a true copy by an authorised person. When you provide us with a scanned copy or photocopy of a document, it must be certified. All pages of submitted supporting documents must be certified.
Make sure your current name is added to any documents you supply with your former names (if applicable).
The authorised person must:
Sight the original document and write on the copy "This is a true copy of the original documents sighted by me". The certifier must certify every page of the documentation. Each page should include:
- Signature and print of their name
- Provide an address and contact telephone number
- State their profession or occupation group
- Write the date certified
- Stamp the copy with the official stamp or seal of their organisation (if they have one).
There are a number of people who can certify your supporting documents for you.
- TAFE Queensland International staff member
- Justice of the Peace
- Police officer
- Commissioner of Declarations
- Bank manager or credit union branch manager
- Solicitor, barrister or patent attorney
- The official records department of the institution that originally issued the documents
- Notary public
- TAFE Queensland International staff member.
My documents are not in English?
Official certified English translations are also required for documents in another language. All pages of submitted supporting documents must be certified.