To enter this qualification, individuals must have the technical and organisational skills to conceptualise and create works in selected medium.
Those skills and knowledge may have been acquired through experience in creative practice or through formal study.
The following Selection criteria requirements apply only to Domestic Students:
- Completion of Year 12 (or equivalent); or
- you are of mature age with relevant work experience or qualifications
- For students with no previous art training, please submit examples of your artwork, particularly work produced within the last 2 years. No compulsory items have been specified however, but it is highly recommend you include works in a range of both traditional media and computer generated images. Folio pieces may include 5 -10 pieces with description.
N.B Students who have completed the CUA31115 Cert III in Visual Arts or CUA30715 Cert III in Design Fundamentals can use their work as a portfolio.
The following Selection criteria requirements apply only to International Students:
- English Language Proficiency: Academic IELTS 5.5 (no individual band less than 5.0) or ISLPR 2+ on all skills or other - View a list of all English Language test accepted by TAFE Queensland International.
- Academic Requirements: Completion of Year 12 (or equivalent). Non school-leavers must have relevant work experience or qualification that indicates likely success of course completion. View more information on the international education achievement levels equivalent to Year 10 and 12.
- All applicants must submit a portfolio:
- Your folio should express your current art achievement, potential and commitment. Folio pieces may include both traditional media and computer generated images (please include 5 -10 pieces).
- No compulsory items are specified; however we highly recommend you include works in a range of media.
- Submit photographs or colour copies in an A3 or A4 folder with plastic sleeves and please make sure to label each page.
Applicants should be a minimum of 17 years of age and turning 18 during the first year of study with TAFE Queensland. International students who are under 18 years of age and are applying for a student visa are required by the Australian Department of Home Affairs to have adequate welfare arrangements in place. TAFE Queensland has entered an agreement with Union Institute of Language (UIL) to facilitate the provision of the welfare services (fees apply).
It is recommended that students have access to a reliable internet connection to access TAFE Queensland's online learning system (Connect), and a computer with up-to-date software, including Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat Reader.
You will also be required to have access to and bring to class some art materials and supplies. Details will be provided after enrolment or during orientation.
Please note: the purchase of these items may incur additional costs of up to $250.