There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
The following Selection criteria requirements apply only to Domestic Students
You need to meet one of the following academic requirements:
- Completion of Year 12 Certificate or equivalent; or
- Mature-aged entry with work experience in a related field
The following Selection criteria requirements apply only to International Students:
- English Language Proficiency: Academic IELTS 5.5 (no individual band less than 5.0) or ISLPR 2+ on all skills or other - View a list of all English Language tests accepted by TAFE Queensland International
- Academic Requirements: Completion of Year 12 (or equivalent). Non school-leavers must have relevant work experience or qualification that indicates likely success of course completion. View more information on the international education achievement levels equivalent to Year 10 and 12.
Applicants should be a minimum of 17 years of age and turning 18 during the first year of study with TAFE Queensland. International students who are under 18 years of age and are applying for a student visa are required by the Australian Department of Home Affairs to have adequate welfare arrangements in place. TAFE Queensland has entered an agreement with Union Institute of Language (UIL) to facilitate the provision of the welfare services (fees apply).
It is recommended that you have access to a reliable internet connection to access TAFE Queensland's online learning system Connect, and a computer with up-to-date software, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Flash Player. This equipment and software is available for use at all TAFE Queensland locations.
You will be provided with a recommended reading list and/or required textbooks during orientation or at the start of each unit. The purchase of these resources may incur additional costs, or you may be able to borrow them from the TAFE Queensland library network.
You may also be required to purchase Industry Standard uniform items including TAFE Queensland branded items, standard black clothing, and enclosed shoes. These details will also be provided during orientation. The purchase of these uniform items may incur additional costs of approximately $100.00.
In addition to the above, if you are studying on the Gold Coast:
- you will be required to sign an agreement at the start of the course to demonstrate understanding and adherence to your uniform and grooming expectations; and
- you should bring your own device with web conferencing capability (webcam and microphone), and have access to the internet at home should lessons be delivered online.
The Robina campus will be a BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) campus for general learning. Students are able to access discounted pricing for device purchases via JB Hi-Fi. TAFE Queensland will have some portable devices available for short term loan and there will also be a limited number of desktop computers located on-site that students will be able to access. For all the details visit the BYOD page on our website.
Need to know
For all students who are undertaking courses that include Vocational Placements in a high risk workplace, Queensland Health has directed that students must declare your COVID-19 Vaccination status and evidence to either TAFE Queensland or the placement provider.
This may require you providing us or the placement provider information on:
- Your vaccinate status
- Last date of vaccination
- Evidence of vaccine status
This requirement is in place for all students in affected courses, including TAFE at School students.
Those students who have a medical contraindication may be unable to complete the vocational placement component of their course. This means you may not be able to meet all of the requirements of your course and may not be able to graduate or receive your qualification.
If you have any questions or concerns with this requirement, please contact our COVID hotline on 07 3307 4789.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
TAFE Queensland students have the opportunity to travel to locations across the globe as part of their studies in selected courses. Studying abroad gives you with the chance to immerse yourself in different cultures, as well as develop your skills and network with professionals in your chosen industry. This qualification offers a Study Abroad program as part of the course.
This qualification has been replaced by SIT50322 Diploma of Event Management, as of 9 June 2022. A transition period applies to enable current students to complete their study. The transition period finishes on 8 June 2023.