Teaching at TAFE Queensland
TAFE Queensland teachers deliver educational excellence. They encourage and mentor our students to help them succeed in their chosen industry.
Becoming a teacher at TAFE Queensland will give you the opportunity to teach in a variety of locations across Queensland. With our flexible delivery options, training doesn't only happen in the classroom. It may also take place in workplaces, virtual classrooms, online, and in our industry-standard training facilities including restaurants, simulators, salons, and more
To be eligible to become a TAFE Queensland teacher you must:
- Be able to demonstrate vocational competency at least to the level of the training package being delivered,
- Have current industry skills relevant to the teaching position, and
- Hold one of the following qualifications:
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110) plus TAEASS502 and TAELLN411,
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40116),
- Diploma of Vocational Education and Training, or
- A higher level qualification in adult education
Meet some of our teachers
Sharan's on the cutting edge
Sharan Berry-Doyle has been a hairdressing teacher at TAFE Queensland for more than 18 years. She went from hairdressing apprentice to Leading Vocational Hairdressing Teacher and now helps others follow their dreams.
Community Services Teacher Tracy Galaud recently swapped her Sunshine Coast classroom for a college in Canada, leading a group of eight community services students from around the state on a 10-day study tour of Toronto.
When Ness Norimi decided to change her career she did it the hard way: putting on a nail bag at 35 and completing a carpentry apprenticeship while studying advanced building at night. She was 45kg and 5 foot 1, and definitely stood out on the job site.