Age: Minimum 18
English: Academic IELTS 5.5 with no band score below 5
Satisfactory completion of Australia Year 11 or equivalent interstate/overseas secondary education is required
Successful completion of Diplôme de Pâtisserie (SIT31021 Certificate III in Patisserie)
Applicants must complete the application process, providing certified academic transcripts and other relevant documentation. Holiday breaks are scheduled for a period of time of 1 to 6 weeks starting at the conclusion of each Study Period.
English Language Entry Requirements
Le Cordon Bleu Australia accepts certified test results from IELTS, TOEFL and PTE. Please see the equivalency chart below:
Applicants that hold Australian citizenship are deemed to have met the English language proficiency through English as their first language. Holders of a permanent residency visa must meet the English language requirements as outlined in the international entry requirements.
IELTS: Overall band score 5.5 with no band score below 5
- Listening score minimum of 5
- Reading score minimum of 5
- Speaking score minimum of 5
- Writing score minimum of 5
TOEFL: Overall score of 46 with minimum reading score of 14
- Listening score minimum of n/a
- Reading score minimum of 14
- Speaking score minimum of n/a
- Writing score minimum of n/a
PTE: Overall score of 42 with no band score below 36
- Listening score minimum of 36
- Reading score minimum of 36
- Speaking score minimum of 36
- Writing score minimum of 36
If one of the following applies, you do not need to provide evidence of an English test score with your visa application:
- you are enrolled in full-time school studies as a principal course including in a secondary exchange program, a postgraduate research course, a standalone English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS), and Foreign Affairs or Defence sponsored students
- you have completed at least five years of study in one or more of the following countries: Australia, UK, USA, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, or the Republic of Ireland
- you are a citizen and hold a passport from the UK, USA, Canada, NZ or Republic of Ireland
- in the two years before applying for the student visa, you completed, in Australia and in the English language, either the Senior Secondary Certificate of Education or a substantial component of a course leading to a qualification from the Australian Qualifications Framework at the Certificate IV or higher level, while you held a student visa.
All international students must pay for health insurance during their stay in Australia. This is an international student visa requirement. This will be issued for the month prior to the commencement date, as per Immigration requirements.
Need to know
WHAT YOU WILL STUDY:
- Decorative showpieces - Advanced sugar and chocolate work to produce original showpieces.
- Includes silicone mould making
- Confiserie - Advanced chocolate and sugar confections. Packaging and presentation of
- Petits fours
- Marzipan - Shaping, modelling and finishing figures
- Caramel and nougatine
HOW TO APPLY
Applying to study at Le Cordon Bleu Australia is easy and can be done online.
Choose your preferred program and under Program Details, click Apply and follow the steps. The application form asks for all the information we require from you to enrol in your preferred program. Please ensure that you complete all sections and provide certified academic transcripts and other relevant documentations.
Email or Post Application
You can download your application form below and send it via email with all your supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application form asks for all the information we require from you to enrol in your preferred program. Please ensure that you complete all sections in as much detail as possible.
Alternatively, you can post your application form with all your supporting documents to:
Le Cordon Bleu Admissions Office, Days Road, Regency Park, SA 5010, Australia
Learn more on how to apply
If you have indicated the presence of a disability, impairment or long term condition, on our application form, and would like assistance with definitions of terms, please refer to our disability supplement information page for further information.
Students with disability have the opportunity to apply for reasonable adjustment with the aim of enabling them to participate in learning on the same basis as students without a disability. If you wish to apply for reasonable adjustment, please let one of our Admissions team members know and they will assist you with the application process. For more information please refer to the Access and Equity Policy and the Reasonable Adjustment Plan.
Assessment & Credit
As part of your program, you will need to complete assessments to show that you have achieved the required skills and knowledge. Assessments provide you with the opportunity to demonstrate your achievement of learning outcomes. Assessments may include practical and theory examinations, classroom and written homework activities, and simulated training exercises. Assessments may be held in hospitality settings, including commercial kitchens and real workplaces. You will be notified in advance about the method, time and location of your assessment tasks. Sometimes assessments are completed during class time, but you should also expect to spend time outside of class doing study and completing your assessments.
During your program, you will be expected to maintain satisfactory academic progress. Satisfactory academic progress is defined as:
- successfully completing more than 50% of enrolled Units in a study period; and
- successfully completing Units within two attempts
For further information regarding academic progress for VET courses.
You can apply for course credit, a process that recognises prior study, skills and knowledge. Graduates from recognised institutions providing evidence of their previous studies and industry experience can apply for course credit, also known as Advanced Standing, RPL, Academic Credit or Credit Transfer.
International important information
CRICOS provider: 02380M
CRICOS Course Code: 097328G
RTO Provider Code: 4959
TEQSA Provider Code: PRV12100