You must have previous automotive qualifications or be engaged in an apprenticeship and have completed stages one and two.
It is recommended you have language, literacy and numeracy levels to year 10. It is highly recommended that you are computer literate as there is a portion of the course which includes computer work.
You must not have a pacemaker, another medical device, or a condition that can be affected by the strong permanent magnets within an EV, as per AS5732:2022 (Sect 2.1).
You are responsible for meeting the minimum occupational health and safety requirements in practical classes.
You must supply your own personal protective equipment.
Personal Protective Equipment
Students failing to meet required personal protective equipment standards of dress listed below, will not be permitted entry into practical classes.
The required personal protective equipment will consist of:
- Eye protection – Clear safety glasses, (tinted or sunglasses not acceptable). These must conform to the Australian Standard AS/NZS 1336 or 1337.
- Protective footwear – Safety toe, leather upper, non-slip safety footwear must be worn. They must comply with Australian Standard AS 2210 and be in good condition.
- Protective clothing – Long sleeved shirts and long pants – industrial cotton drill work wear, must be worn at all times.
- Hand protection - Mechanic gloves
- Ear protection - Ear plugs or ear muffs
You will need to bring to class:
- Pencil HB and 2H
- 2GB memory stick
Other materials may be required for assignment work; these will be discussed in class.