Students must be a qualified Electrician or Electrical Mechanic.
Required textbooks and Australian Standards (AS):
- Grid Connected PV Systems Design and Installation (8th Edition) by GSES. This is available for purchase through QTW . Limited copies (old version) are accessible via the TAFE Queensland library.
- AS 4777 Grid connection of energy systems via inverters (accessible via the TAFE Queensland library)
- AS 5033 Installation and safety requirements for photovoltaic (PV) arrays (accessible via the TAFE Queensland library)
- steel capped boots
- long sleeved shirt and pants
- safety Glasses
- hat and sunscreen
- active email address
- internet access
- Microsoft Word and Excel.
Students failing to meet these minimum standards of dress will not be permitted entry in to practical classes.
Need to know
Replacement skill set
This skill set has been superseded, as of 4 October 2020. A transition period applies to enable current students to complete their study. The transition period finishes on 3 October 2022. If required, enrolments will be transitioned into the replacement qualification.