International Application process
Once you have selected your course and study location, it's time to get your application underway. Follow the below steps to submit your application to TAFE Queensland as an international student.
Before you start your application please read the Australian Government’s Education Services for Overseas Students (ESOS) regulatory framework so that you understand your rights and responsibilities as an international student before and during your study.
TAFE Queensland formally engages with an extensive network of agents who can provide advice on your study options and guide you through the application process.
Please note: An international student is defined as anyone who is not an Australian citizen, a permanent resident of Australia, or a New Zealand citizen. If you're not classed as an international student, visit How to apply page to see how you can apply as a domestic student.
1. Before you apply
Check the evidence required to apply for your visa.
Before you apply to study at TAFE Queensland, you should check what documents and evidence you will need to provide to the Department of Home Affairs (HA) to support your visa application.
How to check what evidence you will need to provide to obtain a visa:
- Visit the Student Visa (subclass 500) page on the HA website
- Scroll down to the Document Checklist Tool
- Select the country listed on your passport
- Enter 03020E in the Education Provider CRICOS code field
- Answer the final question: I am one of the following
- Click the Display Evidence button
- Read through the Documentary Evidence List to find out what you will need to submit with your visa application
Review Admissions criteria and key dates
- English Language Entry Requirements
- Academic Entry Requirements
- Genuine Temporary Entrant criteria
- Key Dates
- Statement of Purpose (The Statement of Purpose is an introductory essay that supports your application)
Some courses require you to meet additional entry requirements eg. Submit a portfolio or artwork with your application. Please check individual course requirements via the Course page.
Prepare your certified supporting documents
You must provide certified copies of key personal documentation translated into English. Please provide certified copies of your:
- Academic Transcripts (mark sheets) and Award Certificate. (Certified official translation of any document not in English)
- English language test results
For Applicants who are already in Australia, additional documents are required:
- Current and Future Confirmation of Enrolments (COE) for studies in Australia.
Mature age students (at least 21 years of age and with work experience/other qualifications) may be admitted into a course without meeting the formal academic requirements.
The following documentation is required to support your application:
- Current CV
- References on company letterhead from current or previous employers
Where previous study/employment was conducted in English, submit a certified letter from the educational institution/employer confirming the language of instruction/employment was English.
International students who are under 18 years of age and are applying for a student visa are required by the Australian Department of Home Affairs to have adequate welfare arrangements in place.
2. Submit your application
Submit your application and supporting documents through TAFE Queensland's International Application portal or through a TAFE Queensland Registered Agent who can guide you through the enrolment process.
3. Receive your Letter of Offer / Accepting your Letter of Offer
Note the expiry date for acceptance.
- Meet all conditions as outlined in your Letter of Offer and Acceptance
- Read and agree to the Terms and Conditions of your Letter of Offer and Acceptance
- Read the International Student Refund Policy
- Read the TAFE Queensland student rules
- Pay the fees as stated in your Letter of Offer
- Pay for Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) as stated in your Letter of Offer, or arrange your own OSHC for the duration of your visa.
4. Receive your Confirmation of Enrolment
Receive your Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE -required for visa lodgement). You will use this document to apply for your student visa.
5. Apply for your visa
To apply for your student visa , visit the HA website and click Apply Now. Follow the steps to create your ImmiAccount and apply for your visa.
6. Travel to Queensland and attend Orientation
Once you have received your student visa, you can travel to Queensland ready to attend the TAFE Queensland International Orientation.